[gambit-list] List of defines after macro-expansion of structure/type definition.

Adrien Piérard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Dec 15 21:10:06 EST 2010

Hi everyone.

The more I use DEFINE-STRUCTURE or DEFINE-TYPE, the more I wish that
my editor would do some syntax colouring of the
constructors/getters/setters of each type I define.
I believe that I could write a command to create the highlights for a
given S-exp, or that I could write a parser in my editor (vim), but I
believe that it may not be the best thing to do. (Well, actually,
parsing just the structure declaration may be very the best trade-off
between efficiency and pain-to-implement).

So, I wonder if there's a way to tell gambit to print/export all the
names it defined after doing macro expansion of a file, and then quit
without evaluating anything.
I would then have a callback in my editor to get new symbols and then
add new syntax colouring for them on the fly…

I thought I could use "gsc -expansion" for that, but it's full of
invalid tokens that can't be read back, such as '#<procedure #2 foo>

Cheers,

P!
--
Français, English, 日本語, 한국어