[gambit-list] about thread-interrupt!

Taylor R Campbell campbell at mumble.net
Sun Sep 27 16:15:22 EDT 2009

   Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:59:06 -0400
   From: David St-Hilaire <sthilaid at iro.umontreal.ca>

   I have a question regarding thread-interrupt!. Does the thunk used
   as the interrupt body executed in the interrupted thread, or in the
   interrupting thread?

I can't imagine that it would run in the interrupting thread: what
would it do, then, beyond (define (thread-interrupt! t p) (p))?

   I think that it is ran in the interrupting thread because I ran
   into concurrency problems that were (I believe) due to fact that
   the interrupted thread seemed to take back the control while the
   interrupt body was not finished... is it possible? o_O

What are you using THREAD-INTERRUPT! for?