[gambit-list] Spork & Session variables

Per Eckerdal per.eckerdal at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 04:50:44 EDT 2009

Here's an example that uses session variables:

(define c (spork-serve port: 8088))
(define var (make-session-variable "[NOT INITED]"))

(add-spork c ("")
   (basic-template
    `(h1 "Value: " ,(var))
    `(a (@ (href "edit-value")) "Edit value")))

(add-spork c ("edit-value")
   (let* ((ret (show
                (lambda (url)
                  (basic-template
                   `(form
                     (@ (method "POST")
                        (action ,url))
                     (input (@ (type "text")
                               (name "value")))
                     (input (@ (type "submit"))))))))
          (value-pair (assoc "value" ret))
          (value (and value-pair
                      (cdr value-pair))))

     (var (or value "[NO VALUE]"))
     (goto "/")))

The web app should be accessible at http://localhost:8088/ Not the
most beautiful code around, but for me it works.

Using the session variable from the REPL won't work, because you are
not inside of an HTTP request; In Spork's implementation of session
variables, accessing or editing a session variable from the REPL is
nonsensical. It might be useful to add functions to change the dynamic
environment to a certain session, but I haven't done that yet.

/Per