[gambit-list] Performance tuning

Andrew Whaley andrew at trailgauge.com
Tue Sep 22 04:48:28 EDT 2009

Hi Marc,

Is there a document anywhere that describes how  to performance tune Gambit ? I've been writing some genetic programming code which Gambit has been great for for small examples but now I'm running into severe performance problems.

I'm tryin to load a large CSV file of approximately 40MB into a list of records but I gave up on it when it still hadn't finished after 30 minutes. When its loaded, I'll need to iterate over the full set around 500k times which I'm expecting taking a while but hopefully no more than a couple of days. I'm using the interpreter at the moment so can try compiling but is there anything else that I can do ?

Thanks

Andrew