[gambit-list] Some UTF-8 support issues.

Adrien Piérard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Sep 7 22:14:52 EDT 2009

2009/9/8 Christian Jaeger <chrjae at gmail.com>:
> (This is my first mail to a mailing list sent from Gmail, going to see
> whether lines are too long. If they are, what are other Gmail users doing
> about it?)

Hi Christian

For some reason, your mail has a font different from anyone else's emails.
Can you  be sure to send emails as text, instead of HTML ?

Besides that, I think that using the current locale is the best
default. If none is set, then choose UTF-8.

I'm thinking that, while my term is ran with some locale settings, my
crontab is not.
So, whatever decision you choose, it deserves a nice entry in the
documentation so that people don't get puzzled when their programs
stop working when put into a crontab.

Cheers,

P!

--