[gambit-list] thread input/output to port

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Oct 14 18:45:53 EDT 2009

On 2009-10-14, at 3:32 PM, lowly coder wrote:

> Got it working. Thanks!
>
> One question -- why is it that with printing to stdin, I don't need to
> use (force-output), whereas after I redirect to tcp ports, I seem to
> have to use (force-output) even after (newline) ?
>
> Thanks!

That's because the default buffering mode for stdout is #f (no
buffering).  For tcp ports the default buffering is #t (fully
buffered).  You can change it like this:

(open-tcp-server
   (list port-number: 22222
         buffering: 'line))

to get "line buffering", or use #f for no buffering (this may be
really slow as each character is sent individually).