[gambit-list] os_dyn

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Oct 5 21:46:17 EDT 2009

On 5-Oct-09, at 9:02 PM, Michele Zaffalon wrote:

>> (load "bind")
> "/home/michele/src/scheme/gambit/ffi/4/bind.o1"
>> (f (lambda (x) (expt 2 x)))
> I get a segmentation fault
>
> bt full is provided.
>
> System is
> OpenBSD 4.5 (GENERIC) #1749: Sat Feb 28 14:51:18 MST 2009
>    deraadt at i386.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
> cpu0: Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.30GHz ("GenuineIntel"
> 686-class) 2.16 GHz

It is quite probable that OpenBSD forbids executing code in the C
heap, for security reasons I guess.  Usually there is a way to tell
the operating system that a certain range of addresses contains
executable code.  I have no clue what this is on OpenBSD.  If you do
find out or someone on the list knows, please let me know.