[gambit-list] Gambit-C 4.5.3 breaks blackhole import of compiled modules

Per Eckerdal per.eckerdal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 12:56:31 EST 2009

16 nov 2009 kl. 17.26 skrev Marc Feeley:

> On 2009-11-16, at 11:10 AM, Nicola Archibald wrote:
>
>> [nikki at vbox src]$ bsc
>> Loaded Black Hole...
>> Gambit v4.5.3
>>
>>> (import test-c)
>> /home/nikki/src/test-c is being compiled...
>> *** ERROR -- Operator is not a PROCEDURE
>> (#("test-c.o1" #
>> | test-c.o1|>))
>>>

>> At a guess, this is likely caused by something in the following
>> commit :
>>
>> http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/repo/.cgit.cgi/Gambit/commit/?id=5bae3cb2db90f90ae9fbe16374f4c44fdb3106fe
>
> You are correct... that commit is the reason for the above misbehavior.
>
> I don't know what to change in blackhole, but the change should be
> simple (you need to extract the procedure with a (vector-ref v 2)).
>
> Marc

It should be fixed now. I added a test

(if (vector? procedure-or-vector)
    (vector-ref procedure-or-vector 1)
    procedure-or-vector)

to make it work on both newer and older versions. Is this reasonable to do? Or am I supposed to use the ##execute-modules procedure? I don't know exactly what it does, but I saw on the commit that it was changed as well, so I assume that it's related somehow..

/Per