[gambit-list] syntax-case and define

Derrell Piper ddp at electric-loft.org
Sat Nov 14 17:42:14 EST 2009

Lam Luu <luuxuanlam <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to write some Scheme code, and I use define-syntax and
> syntax-rules very heavily. However, whenever syntax-case.scm is
> loaded/included, define special form does not work with #!key,
> #!optional, and #!rest anymore. ##define, on the other hand, is not very
> portable between Scheme implementation.

I ran into this same problem a couple of months ago when I was porting a bunch of Common Lisp
code to Scheme.  I was really bummed when I realized I had to choose between these.  I ended up
going with Chicken for just this reason, though that's not without issues either.  I do hope that the
Gambit folks fix this.  #!key is just too engrained if you're coming from Lisp.

Derrell