[gambit-list] Embeeded Gambit-C with REPL

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed May 13 13:07:03 EDT 2009

On 13-May-09, at 11:32 AM, Valeriya Pudova wrote:

> Hello good people,
>
> Could anybody show how do I can compile a C app, with embedded gsc's
> REPL loop?
>
> Just wondering maybe somebody already did it....

The Gambit source code distribution comes with a couple examples that
show how Gambit can be embedded in a C application.

1) In tests/ check the files client.c, server.h and server.scm .  You
can try it out with:

     cd tests
     make test8

2) In examples/pthread type "make examples".  It is an advanced
example where a multi-threaded C application calls Scheme code.