[gambit-list] Trouble in Emacs-land?

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Tue May 12 23:18:14 EDT 2009

Marc:

I'm using the very latest, greatest gambit.el:

        frying-pan:~> ll /usr/local/Gambit-C/current/share/emacs/site-lisp/
        total 24
        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 23948 2009-05-12 21:17 gambit.el

My .emacs file is

        frying-pan:~> cat .emacs
        (global-font-lock-mode 0)
        (custom-set-variables
          ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
         '(inhibit-startup-screen t))
        (custom-set-faces
          ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
         )
        ;(setq load-path (cons "/usr/local/Gambit-C/current/share/emacs/site-lisp/" load-path))
        ;(require 'gambit)

If I don't comment out the last two lines, then "TAB" does not indent a
line properly and control-meta-\ does not work to indent a region.  And
if I don't have the special gambit indentation rules, I shouldn't be
editing the gambit sources, should I.

This is with GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (GTK+ modified by Ubuntu).

Any ideas?

Brad