[gambit-list] Garbage Collectors

lowly coder lowlycoder at huoyanjinjing.com
Fri May 1 04:45:51 EDT 2009

This is slightly OT ... but I'm trying to write a scheme -> C compiler, in
gambit, so forgive me. :-)

What are good papers / tutorials on _real world_ garbage collectors? I'm
interested in things slightly more complicated than the Mark & Sweep /
Copying garbage collectors found in SICP. Generational / soft real time seem
more interesting to me; but I'm rather than reading academic papers or some
guy's rant, I'd like something along the lines of "I built _popular system
X_; and here's the GC we used; these are the tradeoffs we made; and this is
why we made them."

Thanks!