[gambit-list] Can't load a given object file more than once

Eduardo Cavazos wayo.cavazos at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 07:30:50 EDT 2009

Per Eckerdal wrote:

>> Sure, I understand that Gambit is preventing a reload of the exact same
>> object file. But it must be doing a very simple accounting based on the
>> name of the object file. Perhaps you can employ that newfangled
>> high-performance file digest code that was recently shared. ;-)
>>
>> Anywho, no big deal. But it's a surprise.
>
> It's not Gambit, but the operating system that imposes this limitation.

Hmm... OK. It was just surprising because I had an expectation based on
  what chicken does. I.e. it allows relading of the same *.so file. E.g.

#;1> (system "csc -dynamic /tmp/test-gambit-compiler/test-a.scm")
0
#;2> (load "/tmp/test-gambit-compiler/test-a.so")
#;3> (load "/tmp/test-gambit-compiler/test-a.so")

Ed