[gambit-list] Garrett: ext4, application expectations and power management [LWN.net]

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Wed Mar 18 23:56:42 EDT 2009

Marc:

There is currently an active discussion about filesystem semantics in
Linux; it appears that sometimes, maybe, perhaps, just possibly,
applications should call fsync somewhere:

http://lwn.net/Articles/323464/

And see other stories in Linux Weekly News.  I just searched the lib
directory of gambit, and I didn't find any active fsync's (there were
two in IF 0'd code).  Does that mean that I'm going to lose data when
I use the file system as a poor man's database with gambit?
(Actually, it's not so poor, it's quite nice to be able to read
"database" information in S-expression format.)

Just a heads up.

Brad