[gambit-list] Termite questions

Neil Baylis neil.baylis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 02:13:29 EDT 2009

OK, looking back in history a bit, I see this is the right place, so here
goes:

I'm just getting started with a distributed project, and don't want to learn
Erlang at the moment. Termite seemed the logical choice, since I have some
familiarity with Gambit.

So, I have a couple of computers running Gambit 4.3 with Termite installed
in their lib directories. I installed the tsi script, and it starts up
correctly. When I run the examples in termite.pdf, they seem to do the right
thing.

However, I don't understand how to get communication between two computers
working. Can someone point me to a simple example that shows how to start up
Termite on two computers and get them to talk to each other?

When I tried the remote-spawn example below, I thought it was working. But I
killed the Termite on the remote machine, and the example code still did
exactly the same thing. It seemed the process got spawned on the local
computer, even though I specified the IP address of the remote one.

> (define node (make-node "192.168.1.71" 3000))

> (node-init node)

> (let ((me (self)))

    (remote-spawn node

      (lambda ()