[gambit-list] How to do pipe?

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Jun 18 11:41:46 EDT 2009

On 18-Jun-09, at 10:57 AM, Taylor Venable wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 12:03:16PM -0400, Marc Feeley wrote:
>
>> The latest patch to Gambit solves this problem by introducing new
>> procedures: call-with-input-proces, with-input-from-process, etc.
>> These procedures wait for the process to terminate (by calling
>> process
>> status).  The patch also fixes a bug in process-status.
>
> Are these API expected to be relatively bug-free, or are they still
> considered experimental?  I get an error when using them sometimes:
>
>> (let loop ((i 0)) (close-port (open-process (list path: "/bin/
>> ls"))) (loop (+ i 1)))
> *** ERROR IN loop, (console)@107.31 -- Interrupted system call
> (open-process '(path: "/bin/ls"))

I can't reproduce this bug on Mac OS X 10.5.6 using Gambit v4.4.4.

Please add some context:

1) On what OS? (give the output of: uname -a)
2) Using which version of Gambit (give the output of: gsi -v)
3) value of i when the problem occurs
4) number of files in the current directory

For the benefit of other users, you should post bug reports to http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/bugzilla/