[gambit-list] unloading *.o files

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Jun 14 10:01:32 EDT 2009

On 14-Jun-09, at 9:55 AM, lowly coder wrote:

> gsc foo.scm --> foo.o1
> my system loads in foo (foo.o1)
> changes to foo.scm; gsc foo.scm -> foo.o2
> when I try to reload foo (foo.o2), it complains that it can't load
> an object file twice
>
> is there some way I can unload foo.o1 ?

This should not happen.  That's why Gambit names the files
differently, i.e. foo.o1 and foo.o2 .  When foo is loaded again it
should load foo.o2, which is a different file than foo.o1.  Can you
please show a trace and the error message?

No you can't unload foo.o1 because there might still be constant
objects or procedures defined in foo.o1 that are still live (because
they were stored in a global data structure or something like that).