[gambit-list] scheme scriptable unicode terminal?

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Jun 4 19:28:31 EDT 2009

On 4-Jun-09, at 5:52 PM, lowly coder wrote:

> Hi!
>
>   I've been a big fan of rxvt-unicode for a while now; but I really
> really want a terminal with scheme as it's extension language.
> Anyone using one?

I haven't used rxvt-unicode, but have used: xterm -u8 (which gives you
an xterm that uses the UTF-8 encoding for characters).  Once you have
started such an xterm, you should start gsi with UTF-8 encoding for
the terminal, using the option -:t8 .  In other words:

In a shell: xterm -u8
In the xterm: gsi -:t8

At the REPL try evaluating: (display #\x3bb) ; the greek lambda