[gambit-list] Gambit manual documentation now on the wiki

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Jan 30 00:54:58 EST 2009

In order to improve the accessibility of the documentation and allow
anyone to easily extend it with comments, clarifications and examples
I have uploaded most of the Gambit manual to the Gambit wiki.  All the
procedure and special form sections have their own page (in the
"Documentation" namespace).  The top of the page is the documentation
from the Gambit manual and the bottom is for user comments.  I have a
script which scans the wiki pages to see if there are any
modifications, so that these modifications can make their way back to
the Gambit manual.  To make this transfer easier note that the text on
the wiki uses the same texinfo markup language that is used for the
Gambit manual.

Here is a page with a list of all the entries in the Documentation
namespace:

http://dynamo.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/wiki/index.php?title=Special%3AAllpages&from=&namespace=100

You will notice that some pages are formatted incorrectly or have
missing links.  I'll improve that at a later time.  Nevertheless the
documentation is quite readable in its present state.

Feel free to improve the documentation and contribute comments so that
other Gambit users may benefit!