[gambit-list] Problem in thread-sleep! may be a poor implementation of the select system call

David St-Hilaire sthilaid at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Jan 29 11:16:33 EST 2009

Hey all!

I found out why, even after 'make update', I still didn't get the right
values... After some investigation of my system configuration with Marc, it
seems that my kernel configuration had the

CONFIG_HIGH_RES_TIMERS

option was disbled. After recompiling my kernel with it, Marc's patch using the
nanosleep calls now works fine on my box. I just hope that this flag is set by
default on the regular linux distros hehe!

Thanks to all for the help!

David