[gambit-list] window manager in gambit

Oisín Mac Fhearaí denpashogai at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 21:17:00 EST 2009

2009/2/19 lowly coder <lowlycoder at huoyanjinjing.com>:
> hey,
>
>   so my current dev environment is xmonad + emacs + gambit; this is about to
> become xmonad + jedi + gambit; but I'd prefer to have my window manager be
> running on gambit too
>
>   so ... is there anyone else out there also interested in this? we can
> probably start out with something like scwm or sawmill and hack it to run on
> gambit ... or if you're really good with x11, we can even start with some
> thing leaner
>
> let me know if there's interest
>
> thanks!
>
> (mainly interested in this as a hobby project)

No offense intended, but I think re-implementing window managers in
Haskell/Scheme/<current language of choice> seems a bit
Not-Invented-Here syndrome-ish. If it ain't broke, don't fix it -
since there's lots of other interesting things to fix/create.

Not that there's anything wrong with making a window manager with
Gambit, or anything.

Oisín