[gambit-list] thanks for the help procedure

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Feb 16 21:20:37 EST 2009

On 16-Feb-09, at 8:53 PM, Pavel Dudrenov wrote:

> I'll give it a shot next weekend.
>
> What would be a good way to implement it? Keep a reference table of
> all r5rs names? Or hit the wiki with http request, and based on the
> response decide if it's should look the r5rs docs? My guess is maybe
> the earlier one.

The ideal thing would be to integrate the R5RS document into the
Gambit manual.  This is a good approach because many of the R5RS
procedures have been extended by Gambit (either the API or the
behavior) so a Gambit specific specification is needed.  But that's a
lot of work.

A simpler alternative is to add to the Gambit manual a "R5RS" chapter
which contains stubs for the R5RS names each with a link that will go
to the appropriate section of the R5RS document (such as http://www.schemers.org/Documents/Standards/R5RS/HTML/)
.