[gambit-list] Etags

Vincent St-Amour stamourv at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Feb 16 21:03:59 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I was using etags the other day (a program that generates emacs TAGS
files, which can be used to easily jump to function definitions), and
was rather disappointed that it didn't handle nested defines.

I made a little script that does pretty much the same thing as etags,
but handles nested definitions. I put it on the dumping grounds, in
case some of you might be interested. You will need pregexp to use it.

It's obviously not perfect, though. For example, having several
functions with the same name defined inside different functions
confuses definition lookup.

Hope this can come in handy,

Vincent