[gambit-list] fast binary serialization

lowly coder lowlycoder at huoyanjinjing.com
Mon Feb 16 14:20:45 EST 2009

hey,

  I have some non-recursive scheme data structures that I want to store/load
between runs; I'm currently storing them with "pp" and loading them with
"(read-all (open-input-file ...))"

  on my particular data source, with my macbook pro, i'm getting 7MB /
seconds for parsing the s-exps back in; I'm wondering if there is a generic
gambit way to store/load in binary, non-human readable format for something
faster

  (btw, i'm NOT IO bound since for timing, I do the reading multiple times,
so the file is probably already in RAM / some file cache)

thanks!