[gambit-list] Dynamic version of (include ...)

François Magnan francois.magnan at licef.ca
Fri Feb 13 12:27:48 EST 2009

Hi fellow Gambitters,

I have a problem trying to dynamically load scheme files that contains
macros. I know that when a file contains a macro, the macro definition
must be in the same file as the macro usage.  If not, one must use the
(include ....) special form to import the macro definition.

I would like to be able to use (include ...) inside a function to
programmatically include some files like (load ...) can do.

For example, if

(for-each (lambda (file)
	    (include file))
	  '("file1" "file2" ...))

*** ERROR IN (console)@2.15 -- Filename expected

could work!

Is there any way to make this work without appending all the files
together.

Thank you,
Francois Magnan