[gambit-list] format & regex

Alex Shinn alexshinn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:35:02 EST 2009

Adrien Piérard <pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca> writes:

> 2009/2/5 Marc Feeley <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca>:
>>> http://synthcode.com/scheme/irregex/
>>
>> I concur.  Irregex is my favourite portable regular expression library.
>
> I gave up portability a while ago.
>
> Could those libraries benefit from Gambit's extentions of Scheme?
>
> Trading portability for more efficiency shouldn't be that bad
> (considering that those libs are not to change a lot in the next few
> decades), and finding the Gambit-specific versions in the dumping
> ground would be nice too…

Actually, Irregex will likely change quite a lot in the
short-term.  It's algorithmically fast, but the code hasn't
been bummed at all yet which will make a huge difference.
So you could fine-tune some things for Gambit, but will have
a lot of work to do keeping sync with the upstream changes
(at least for now).

Given time I also want to do a non-backtracking NFA matcher
for when you want a lighter footprint, and a sublinear-time
DFA just to show off on benchmarks :)

--
Alex