[gambit-list] format & regex

lowly coder lowlycoder at huoyanjinjing.com
Thu Feb 5 01:49:18 EST 2009

hey,

  so gambit is really awesome; especially the debugger; however I'm running
into some trivial practical issues -- and curious how others are solving it

1) sed/awk/grep/perl
  if possible, i'd like to use gambit for these type of apps instead (being
slower is fine; i just want everything in scheme for now) -- is there a good
way to do regex matching in gambit?

2) fprintf/format
  pp and display are cool -- but sometimes, I really really want control
over my output; how is this generally done in gambit? things like "print
this number with 8 chars width, 3 digits after the decimal point" seems kind
of hard to phrase

thanks!

keep up the good work