[gambit-list] Some questions about reader in Gambit

vasil vasil.s.d at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 22:35:18 EST 2009

Hi, Marc!

During last three days I am porting Qi
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qi_%28programming_language%29)
to Gambit. qiYACC, qiReader, qiEval, qiCore are already ported,
next will be qiProlog and Qi type checking machinery.
And it will be cool if I integrate Qi reader with Gambits one.

And there are some questions:
1. Could you please in two words explain source-location data?
2. Do interpreter and compiler use same method of file reading?
   Same readtable?
3. Qi constructions after Qi-reader are just like scheme ones, but
before they are often different. For instance:
Qi: [ A B | C ]
after qi-reader:
(cons A (cons B (cons C ())))
How can I integrate Qi reader into Gambit to slightly transform input
with minimal effort?

Vasil