[gambit-list] Running make install for Gambit v4.5.3 in

joe tex joetex1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 11:40:09 EST 2009

Alex,

I put ginstall in my current working directory and it doesn't seems to make
any change in the results.

Mark,

I replaced references to \# with # in lib\makefile and ran make install and
got this error message:

for file in libgambc.a; do \
  ../install-sh -c -m 644 $file $t_libdir/$file; \
done; \
if test "$t_libdir" != "$i_libdir"; then \
  r_libdir=`../relpath "$t_libdir" "$i_libdir" no`; \
  for file in _gambc.c "_kernel "_gambit libgambc.a; do \
    (cd $i_libdir && ln -s $r_libdir$file $file); \
  done; \
fi
install:  _kernel does not exist
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-post'
Current working directory /export/home/myhome/gamb/gamb/lib
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
for subdir in include lib gsi gsc bin misc doc tests examples prebuilt; do \
  target=`echo install-recursive | sed 's/-recursive//'`; \
  echo making $target in $subdir; \
  (cd $subdir && make $target) || exit 1; \
done
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-recursive'

--
- Joe