[gambit-list] Suggestion for a new GCC compiler option

Adrien Piérard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Aug 25 12:42:01 EDT 2009

Hi Bradley

2009/8/25 Bradley Lucier <lucier at math.purdue.edu>:
> I just ran an experiment where I added every combination of 0, 1, and
> 2 options from the following list to the standard options for Gambit
> on x86-64 Linux and the development (4.5.0) gcc compiler, and
> measured the speed of the direct and inverse FFT transforms used in
> bignum multiplication:

It just reminded me of something I can't remember seeing on this very
list: acovea.
It's genetic algorithms to find the best compiler options…

It's almost at least 5 years old but since Gambit is a program that we
compile often, it may be worth it.
More informations at http://www.coyotegulch.com/products/acovea/index.html

P!

--