[gambit-list] How to create small standalone executable with

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Aug 17 17:19:30 EDT 2009

On 17-Aug-09, at 10:17 AM, Taylor R Campbell wrote:

> You can build a system that includes the compiler
> and run-time system and knows about its own environments (called
> reifying the system), or you can build a system that includes only the
> run-time system, without the compiler or environments; then any unused
> parts of the run-time system are omitted.

I'm curious to know how this works.  If you have a module which
implements several procedures, say the srfi-1 list library, and you
use only one of the self-contained procedures, say "xcons", will the
Scheme48 compiler or linker eliminate the rest of the code of srfi-1?
If so, how does it do that?  What is the bytecode representation of
the compiled library?