[gambit-list] why does load/include work differently for this

Adrien Piérard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat Aug 15 03:28:00 EDT 2009

> note that lookup-var is just a function ... i'm surprised that
> load/include gives me different results

Why are you surprised?
If two functions exist, then they do two different things.

The fact is that LOAD is a function (eval'd at runtime, as one
explained you), and that INCLUDE is not.
Include is a reader-macro. When the parser sees an INCLUDE, it parses
the source code of the other file, and then inserts it instead of that
form.

No magic here.

P!

--