[gambit-list] gambit application

Pavel Dudrenov dudrenov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 11:03:03 EDT 2009

It's an interesting idea. Couple of things thou. You have almost no error
handling. If I do anything slightly unexpected and I get:
Webserver error 500
*** ERROR IN call-with-output-string -- whatever....

Also I would not emulate an editor, just so the carret can fade in and out.
You should use the editing abilities provided by the browser, namely
contentEditable or designMode. Because you will need to handle things like
users dragging text from somewhere in your editor, copy, paste, and plethora
of other things that users take for gratned when presented with a wysiwyg
kind of things. Some of those you'll be able to emulate, badly, but others
you just wont be.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 7:23 AM, Marijn Schouten (hkBst)