[gambit-list] [ANN] Gambit-C v4.5.1 released

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Aug 7 09:12:50 EDT 2009

I strongly advise upgrading to v4.5.1 .  There is a huge I/O
performance problem with v4.5.0 due to a stupid bug which causes the
loss of buffering when reading a text file.  This means that reading a
text file ends up calling the operating system for each character
read.  For v4.5.0 compared to previous versions I've measured a
performance slowdown of a factor of 50 when reading source code, so
the compile time and load time for large files will be noticeably slow.

Marc