[gambit-list] OBJ model loader for Gambit, serialization/deserialization examples

James Long longster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 16:06:41 EDT 2009

Hey guys,

If anyone here is doing 3d stuff with Gambit, you might find my OBJ
model loader useful.  It'll load vertices, normals, and indices for
models from the Wavefront .OBJ format.  I'll implement UV coordinates
soon.  I wrote a blog post about using it and posted the code (it's
also in the gambit iphone github project and I'll be improving it
there):

http://jlongster.com/blog/2009/08/3/iphone-physics-and-models/

I also studied Gambit's serialization mechanisms using
object->u8vector for compressing models and speeding up loading times.
 It turned out great!  You can find examples in my post.

Hope someone finds it useful.  Thanks -
James