[gambit-list] trade imbtalance

Ben Goetter goetter at mazama.net
Thu Apr 30 17:19:01 EDT 2009

Frank,

(It's a little difficult to divine from your message exactly what you're
encountering.  I'm taking a scientific wild-assed guess here.)

Vista UAC presents those warnings when Vista launches an executable
image that doesn't contain a code signature.  You will see a lot of
these when working with free software such as Gambit.  If it's any
solace, I encounter the same popup every time that I launch Emacs from
Vista's interface.

You can choose either to ignore the warning popup and press "Continue,"
or else to avoid it by running gsi.exe from the cmd.exe command prompt.

Alternately, if you have Windows development tools and a valid code
signing certificate for same (qv
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537361.aspx), you could build
a custom gsi.exe image that contains the signature necessary to make
Vista happy.  Or you could <strike>castrate</strike> disable Vista UAC
on your computer, but that's beyond the scope of gambit-list.

Ben