[gambit-list] Gambit installer

Adrien Pierard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Sep 30 11:10:53 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:29:58AM -0400, Adrien Pierard wrote :
> - What happens to the shortcut "~~" in file paths?

After a discussion with Christian on IRC, I got the fllowing idea (something
à-la PLT's require):

(include doc "gambit.html")
(load extra "syntax-case.scm")
(include lib "gambit#.scm")
(load "file_here.scm")

where "doc" expands to the corresponding doc directory known at compile time of
gambit, and so on.
That way, we get rid of "~~" actually, but gain in modularity.

One could even override this with the Perl way:
(include (get-env "$GAMBCDOC") "gambit.html")
where $GAMBCDOC is a list of documentation directories provided by the
environment when calling the program.

This requires small tweaks in gambit's source code, but isn't a big issue...

Your opinion?

Adrian

--
"I am not a Church numeral; I am a free variable!"
(The Scheme Underground)