[gambit-list] Gambit installer

Christian Jaeger christian at pflanze.mine.nu
Tue Sep 30 04:59:43 EDT 2008

(Christian Jaeger wrote:
> I've checked the manual for "~~", and there are more uses to it than
> just syntax-case and lib.

I forgot to mention: Gambit is not currently installing a .a file if it
is being configured with --enable-shared.

(The .a file would also be in a ~~ location.)

Currently the way to get a .so for dynamic linking on the local system
and to also get a .a file for static linking for creating static
executables is to install Gambit twice; just something to keep in mind,
if you want to provide a gambc-dev package including a .a file then this
may need a change too.

Christian.)