[gambit-list] Help With Memory

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Sep 25 19:01:17 EDT 2008

Gambit does not use Cheney on the MTA, mainly because it interferes
with the implementation of unrestricted calls from Scheme to C and
from C to Scheme.  Gambit's implementation of continuations is done
with a lazy copy of the captured continuation.  The performance is
quite good... on the two call/cc intensive Gambit benchmarks (ctak and
fibc) Gambit outperforms Chicken.  Note also that Gambit's thread
system is based on continuations, so it is important for continuation
operations to be efficient.

Marc