[gambit-list] Help With Memory

Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj@email.unc.edu> adamsonj at email.unc.edu
Wed Sep 24 15:24:31 EDT 2008

>>>>> "chj" == Christian Jaeger <christian at pflanze.mine.nu> writes:

    chj> Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj at email.unc.edu> wrote:
    >> http://chondestes.bio.unc.edu/svn/genxic/trunk

    chj> You didn't mention that you were using the FFI. This is
    chj> allocating memory in C using gsl_matrix_alloc (and maybe other
    chj> functions), right?  And I don't see any release functions being
    chj> declared. So, how many of those are you allocating?.. 8~)

No matrices for this code; I did comment out the release functions
because I was getting a double-free error and this simulation uses only
one of my gsl data structures, the random number generator (gsl_rng*)
once in the "main.scm" module.

The code with the release functions is currently like this:

;; declare types

;; gsl-matrix pointer
(c-define-type gsl-matrix*
	       (pointer "gsl_matrix"
			gsl-matrix*))
			;; release function
;;			"GENXIC_RELEASE_gsl_obj"))

;; gsl-vector pointer
(c-define-type gsl-vector*
	       (pointer "gsl_vector"
			gsl-vector*))
;;			"GENXIC_RELEASE_gsl_obj"))

(c-define-type gsl_rng*
	       (pointer "gsl_rng"
			gsl_rng*))
;;			"GENXIC_RELEASE_gsl_obj"))

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
CB #3280, Coker Hall

Before you reply to this email, please read
http://www.unc.edu/~adamsonj/email-howto.html