[gambit-list] bug with write?

Taylor R Campbell campbell at mumble.net
Sun Sep 14 13:01:22 EDT 2008

   Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 15:06:32 +0000
   From: "naruto canada" <narutocanada at gmail.com>

   I will only note that mit-scheme print everything literally including
   all the quotes (quasiquotes unquote-spicing unquote)-- which is good
   for reading and pretty to look at. (All the quotes look like some sort
   of swearing when you are not used to it)

MIT Scheme's output can be configured by setting the variable
*UNPARSE-ABBREVIATE-QUOTATIONS?* --

(pp ''`,, at foo)
;; Output:
;(quote (quasiquote (unquote (unquote-splicing foo))))

(fluid-let ((*unparse-abbreviate-quotations?* #t))
  (pp ''`,, at foo))
;; Output:
;'`,, at foo

It would surprise me if Gambit had no similar facility for configuring
the format of its output.