[gambit-list] DrScheme and GambitC

William Cook wcook at cs.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 5 10:26:50 EDT 2008

Resting on laurels!

BTW I built a relatively large graphical VLSI application on a Symbolics Lisp Machine
in the mid-80's. The Lisp environment was very advanced at the time, and I enjoyed it.

My question is why Lisp/Scheme seems to be behind *now*, when it should be even
farther ahead given the long head-start it had. It may have been true when Peter said
it, but that was just at the start of the rise of the scripting languages (Python,
etc). Note that Microsoft has had a very reasonable JScript debugger since the late 90's.

William