[gambit-list] DrScheme and GambitC

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Tue Sep 2 16:30:03 EDT 2008

I like VI!

No, not really (at least not for programming in Scheme), but I would
encourage people to chip in where their interests and abilities lie
(and devising/using debuggers in emacs or eclipse or ... is not one
of mine, I use the command line with (generate-proper-tail-calls #f))
and to try to avoid arguments about the true nature of Lisp/Scheme,
or why Lisp/Scheme is unpopular, or how Lisp/Scheme compares to
Haskell or F# or ..., or any of the other regular flamefests on
comp.lang.lisp.

By the way, if someone wants to spend the time and energy to submit
the gambit programs at

http://dynamo.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/wiki/index.php/
Programming_language_shootout

to The Computer Language Benchmarks Game (aka the Computer Language
Shootout, a name that is met with derision by the current organizer)

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/

it might improve the reputation of Scheme somewhat.  I can help with
porting and tuning, but I can't really help with the actual submission.

Brad