[gambit-list] command line interface

Claude Marinier claude.marinier at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Oct 23 14:21:58 EDT 2008

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, Marc Feeley wrote:
> On 23-Oct-08, at 1:17 PM, Claude Marinier wrote:
> > By the way, I plan to build a command line interface for the
> > catalogue and later use Tcl/Tk for the GUI and Expect to manage the
> > application. Do you know of open source Scheme code for command line
> > processing?
>
> No.  But what exactly do you need as a command line interface?  I
> think tcl/tk already provides basic editing commands for input
> fields.  If you look at the code for my Javascript Scheme system (JSS)
> on the dumping grounds, you will see how to do basic line editing
> within a web page (which might be an interesting alternative to tcl/tk).

Marc,

The program reads book records, builds an index (will build more later),
and can search the index (using red-black trees). It is now time to build
an interface so I can search the index and display books. I want to use a
command line; I think they are quicker and more versatile. Perhaps I am
revealing my age.  :-)  Later, I will add code to add books.

I would like the command line interface to be able to prompt for commands
and data, read responses with some simple editing, and display results.

I do not need something as complex as 'libcli' but would like something
better than dumb prompt and read.

     http://dparrish.com/category/projects/libcli/

Thanks.

--
Claude Marinier, Information Technology
Defence Research & Development Canada (Ottawa)
claude.marinier at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
http://www.ottawa.drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Telephone: (613) 998-4901