[gambit-list] heartbeat frequency problem in make check

Cristian Baboi cristi at ot.onrc.ro
Thu Oct 23 07:47:48 EDT 2008

Hello!

Since I joinded this list, I compiled from source (on RHEL4, RHEL5 and
Debian 4; 32 and 64 bit arhitectures) various versions of gambit-c.
The tests 4 and 6 from make check have given values close to the expected
ones for heartbeat frequency, EXCEPT for the latest few versions of
gambit-c. (I don't remember the last good one)

For the v4.3.0, regardless of the configuration options I use
(--enable-single-host --enable-gcc-opts --enable-inline-jumps
--enable-shared), the architecture (32/64 bits, amd/intel), I get ~ 40 Hz
instead of close to 500 Hz expected.

Why ?

________ Information from NOD32 ________
This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System for Linux Mail Servers.
  part000.txt - is OK
http://www.eset.com