[gambit-list] Mercurial -> git

David Rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 14:20:23 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Joel J. Adamson <adamsonj at email.unc.edu> <
adamsonj at email.unc.edu> wrote:

> No problems there, I only heard about mercurial because of Gambit ;)

Me too :)

However, I have since fallen in love with mercurial for a large number of
reasons and am using it daily on a professional basis since my corporate
sponsors mandate a wholly inadequate 90s-era VCS.

I am a little concerned about Git support on Windows, though. This may be a
golden-age of VCSes, but primarily on *nix. And please don't say "cygwin" -
it's just *too* painful. The GnuWin32 project has brought like 99% of the
daily development food chain onto the Windows platform (which makes Win-dev
barely palatable) and Mercurial is one of the best VCS options that 'just
works' cross-platform out of the box.

Not that I ever build gambit from source, mind you. Just trying to keep my
options open :)

david rush
--
GPG Public key at http://cyber-rush.org/drr/gpg-public-key.txt