[gambit-list] [ANN] Gambit-C v4.3.1 released

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Nov 26 10:24:37 EST 2008

On 26-Nov-08, at 8:21 AM, Logiciel Gambit wrote:

> Gambit-C v4.3.1 is now available.
>
> Changelog: http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/repo/.cgit.cgi/Gambit/log/
>
> The sources and prebuilt distributions can be obtained from
> the Gambit web site by visiting one of the following links.

I'd like to point out that v4.3.1 introduces a backward-incompatible
change to the procedure open-tcp-server, in the interest of reducing
the likelihood of unintentional security problems.  The procedure used
to create a server that listens for connection requests on all network
interfaces, which is risky when the server is in development, and
likely buggy.  Now the default is to listen only on the loopback
interface (i.e. 127.0.0.1).  Moreover to select all network interfaces
the server-address: parameter must be given the string "*" instead of
#f.  So please change calls of the form

       (open-tcp-server 8000)
and
       (open-tcp-server (list server-address: #f port-number: 8000))

       (open-tcp-server (list server-address: "*" port-number: 8000))
or
       (open-tcp-server "*:8000")  ;; new string syntax for IP addresses

The new string syntax for IP addresses is designed to simplify the API
of the upcoming remote procedure call library functions.