[gambit-list] Termite, IO and memory leakage

Christian Jaeger christian at pflanze.mine.nu
Tue Nov 25 08:48:28 EST 2008

Nicholas Walton wrote:
> Any ideas please?

I can't really say anything about the memory leaking (I'm not a regular
Termite user).

Regarding the segv's/bus errors, run the code under gdb and look at or
show the backtrace, this should give a clue on what's happening. Compile
with cc-options -g and with options keep-c or track-scheme for better
location reporting.

Just to be sure, check whether you're using |print| or |println| or
defining own functions using both the #!key and #!rest syntax at the
same time, since Gambit has (afaik still) a known problem in the GC when
calling such procedures (it is triggered only when a GC happens in the
right place, so you'll only see it when you're calling such procedures
often).

People having time to debug (not me currently) might appreciate a
complete example to reproduce the problem.

Christian.