[gambit-list] Profiling of expanded code?

David St-Hilaire sthilaid at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Nov 6 08:21:06 EST 2008

Hi all!

I often use Guillaume Germain's profiler for gambit
(http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~germaing/statprof.html) and I would like to know
if its possible to get a profiling result on the marco expanded code, and not
the source code.

I ask this because I wrote several macro which define multiple functions. It
seems that lots of the work is done within these functions but the profiler only
tells me that it is my macro call who does all the work (but its in fact the
code generated by that macro). So having access to a profiling report of the
macro expanded code could be usefull :)

Thanks!

David