[gambit-list] Arto Bendiken | Rediscovering the Lively Road Not Taken

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Wed May 28 10:04:30 EDT 2008

I was going to send this blog post of Arto Bendiken just to myself to
record it for posterity, but then I thought I should expose the
Gambit list to it.

The Lively Kernel by Dan Ingalls had already caught my eye, but
sometimes one needs an interpreter to really tell you what some
technology is about, and Arto does a great job here.  Somehow, with
Marc's Scheme->Javascript compiler, I see a "Scheme machine" lurking
in the background here, or at least a true OS-independent graphical
world that Gambit could live in and drive.

Brad

http://bendiken.net/2008/05/27/the-lively-road-not-taken